Wednesday, April 9, 2008

In the previous post I discussed what the “American Identity” is, and why we have lost it. After I wrote those words I began to think about what an American identity truly is. With much introspection I believe we cannot really pinpoint one clear American identity. Because of the diverse cultural landscapes that make up America, it is intellectually impossible to pinpoint one clear “identity”. That being said, I believe it is possible to locate and identify a genuine “American Ideology”.

Right now many of you are beginning to formulate your opinions of where I am going, and whether I would be right. Before you go any further let me first explain that the “American Ideology” I propose is not beholding to any political party, or any political ideology. It is merely a reflection of what can be gleaned from American history, the Founding Fathers, and what is being said of the issues that divide us today. I honestly believe that there is more that unites us, than divides us, and it is the effort of this exploration to highlight these areas.

This will be an interesting exploration and may take time between entries, but ultimately it should illuminate a central, American Ideology, and cast aside the trivial things that seek to tear a rip in our domestic fabric.

No comments: